[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Need a friend?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need a friend?

Forum rules
No Tremulous posts
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:52 am

Need a friend?

There were plenty of times, for me, late at night when i have nothing to do and a lot on my mind and i needed someone to talk to. I'm not emo but sometimes you get the depressed feeling. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about if you have a girlfriend or boyfriend.

So, I decided to make this thread.

You can talk about anything that bothers you here, we wont judge you (if anyone does it will be deleted).

I guess for you to truly trust me, i have to trust you first. So here's what i feel right now:

Today my girl and I had a little misunderstanding and we were both very upset with one another, but we eventually overcome it and make up. But i still feel a bit of guilt inside from it. She's sleeping right now and I'm not feeling very well, i need to talk to her. I'll be able to talk to her tomorrow but that doesn't help me at this exact moment. Lonely... i guess.

After posting your feelings, you will feel better. I feel better already :)
This might seem silly at first but i feel like this community is my family and that when you get those feelings of depression you will be happy this topic was made for your benefit.

Thanks to all for listening. :D

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 am

Re: Need a friend?

Poor metal, I get this feeling too sometimes even right now :| .
I met this cute girl that I liked but it's been a long time that I didn't talk to her since she was already with someone else. A year later she broke up with him and I wanted to talk to her again. But now, it seem she never wanted to see me again as she didn't even want to look at me when we were at school passing each other across the hallway to get to our classes. I feel like crap right now since I'll just assume that. I'll just wait it out like I did with every other girl I liked, seems that I just can't win. I don't feel any change at all when I let it all out on topics like this, I just don't think I can have just one thing I need in life and I've been waiting for it 7 years now. :(
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Fox_One

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Location: Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, ~7.6 kiloparsecs from galactic center

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:59 am

I've been worrying
- that my time is a little unclear
I've been worrying
- that I'm losing the ones I hold dear
I've been worrying
- that we all
- - live our lives
- - - in the confines of fear
<<

Flakies

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Ya, I feel for you guys.

Always give someone a chance. Go for it. I didn't even know I liked the girl I've been dating for the past 2 years until we went out once. Just show her that you're awesome, Meaty. You should not have trouble getting her to like you.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:04 pm

This is nice. I haven't had to edit anything yet. :)

Thanks guys.

<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Last edited by Robmanx on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited because of aawoo an being asshole.
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:48 pm

LOL @ above?

Sorry to hear it guys. :(
<<

Alex

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:31 am

<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm

That one school trip for ILMUNC really has changed me... For ages now, I've actually preferred work over people, and basically isolated myself, but this ILMUNC conference was the first time it was actually not painful to be with less known friends from school, and the first time I've just let myself have fun. That, and the fact that I now know the need to actually enjoy life while I still can, because things over the next few years have the potential to go downhill. We walk a fine line between salvation and ruin, and our time is upon us. I don't know why I'm telling my most inner secrets to random people on the internet. Maybe it's the fact that I don't know you people that well, maybe it's related.

Edit: I can't find an a video of Prof. Benjamin Horton's presentation about global warming (he presented a similar version at the Copenhagen summit), but it's a real eye opener. I got a good chunk of the presentation in a cell-phone shakeycam video. Chunks are missing, and the text is unreadable, but you can make out most of what he's saying.
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Metal: Thanks for creating this topic, you gave me the opportunity to finally state my feelings, and to begin ending 4 years of isolation.
You guys have really helped me come a long way. This clan has given me so much.
EDIT: I'd also like to formally thank Flakes for unbanning me back in 2008. I would never have been part of this awesome community. I love you guys. :)
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Aww.. don't make me cry Rev. That's what friends are for. :)
<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Last edited by Rev on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm

<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Well, this topic can only bring us closer ^_^

Thanks again (not to awoo).

<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:23 am

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you."
<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:32 pm

<<

Flakies

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 pm

<<

Nazgul

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Well, I shouldn't of said it like that, 2 1/2 is closer, but coming up on 3 later this year.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 am

<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm

That is getting a little bit creepy.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Removed and edit a couple posts.

Be nice. You know who you are.

<<

Tojimaru

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:44 pm

[19:57] <+tojimaru> omg, you guys
[19:57] <+tojimaru> if Stewah leaves, we can take over the channel!
[19:57] * You were kicked by Stewah (bitch don't say shit like that!)
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Same here, toji. I'm so nervous to meet new people, thats why I never go to parties or get-togethers with my family. I'm always afraid of being judged by someone. I hate when people judge you without getting to know you first :<

<<

Crab Battle

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:32 am

@ Metal: Brilliant idea for a thread. Respect is now raised olio. Its threads like this that will keep this clan alive long after tremulous has died.

Hmm, seems I've been through most of whats in this thread at one time or another. Over the last four years or so, I've just become cautiously pessimistic about everything, and I am rarely disappointed by the things that go wrong. When things go right when you expect them to go wrong, it feels amazing. So basically, pessimism has improved my outlook on life (ironic, no?)

With girls, I basically figured the worst thing that could happen was that she would say no, so I expected the worst. When she said yes i was. . .surprised, to say the least, and three years later, we're still together. I hate to be one of those "carpe diem" people, but in some case, ya just gotta go for it and say fuck the consequences.

On the subject of giving up on people, I just narrowed down the type of people I have given up on. I have basically given up on far rights (which eliminated a lot of people since I live in Texas, far lefts, people who try to evangelize me (no, I'm not an atheist, I just don't approve of organized religion), and people who are completely full of themselves (as in they truly believe they are the greatest thing in the universe. A lot of people I know are narcissistic in a satiric way, which is fine.) Basically, I don't care for the extremes in society in most cases.

@Meat: Go for it! Be confident in yourself, chicks dig that. Fo sho. (But don't be a narcissist, then you just look like a dick.)

@iku: /nohomo I like you :3
Personal Motto:

Gotta have my bowl gotta have cereal.
<<

Robmanx

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:31 am

Yea, i made this thread off of what I felt. I wanted a place where I could talk about it when i have these feelings.

Funny thing is that I haven't felt that way again since I started this thread. lol. But, I do see where most of you are coming from.

<<

Rev

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:06 am

Last edited by Rev on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MeatWad490

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 am

<<

LadyxChronic

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:32 pm

=)=)=)=) It is like a family here. The more I get to know you guys, the more I enjoy being here...not like I didn't already. I say just be yourselves, and if someone doesn't like you for who you are, then they're not worth knowing. Also, make the most of life, take those chances, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best! Anyway, I enjoy all of you....and I'm here if anyone needs to talk.. :D

<<

ILikeMilk

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

i feel like i should contribute something to this thread, but nothing seems to come to mind.
hmm maybe this Quote i heard once.
"when i die i don't want to leave my body in good condition, i want to come skidding in landing face first in the dirt with my arse hanging in the air"

p.s
Arse = Butt
<<

Stewie

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:30 am

ImageImage
ImageImage
Next