[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Aimbot Recognition Guide
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aimbot Recognition Guide

<<

Transducin

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 pm

Aimbot Recognition Guide

There are a number of ways to tell the good player from the hacker. You must spectate and demo to determine if a player is hacking or not. I don't think there is a way to tell a priori.

You cannot hack dodging ability. If they have good foot work, then they are good players who do not need the aimbot. Contrary to some belief, aimbots will usually harm the good player's game.

Good players have smooth right and left hand movements that anticipate and are tied to each other.
Aimbots have aim that is incongruous with their walking movement.

Good players have snappy movements and 180/360 turns that can seem to lock onto an alien. That is part of being good and having high sensitivity.
However, if a player that usually has small, hesitant, and uncertain movements that *suddenly* become a 90 degree turn, snapping and locking, that is an aimbot.

Sometimes I get cold or if I've just woken up and my body isn't limber, my hand causes small stutters in my aim reticule. I am only human.
If the stutter is very regular and persistent, then that is likely an aimbot.

Sometimes a sound around a corner, or knowing where aliens usually hide, or foresight into a player's ability allows good players to make almost prescient decisions. But even the best players will walk into traps.
Expect wallhackers to predict the alien that is right around the corner but hasn't shown itself yet. Wallhackers who normally have slow responses will suddenly have a fast response with the alien that apparently just popped up.

If there is a goon in your face, but you are dodging around it to hit the alien behind it, then that is a human.
If the player is shooting one alien, but suddenly switches to the closest or largest or the one that suddenly jumps into the reticule, that is probably an aimbot.
Last edited by Robmanx on Sat May 30, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out broken links
<<

Cookie Monster

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: how do you tell if some body is a aimbot?

Wow, that is a pretty awesome guide. Uhh, sticky?
<<

2nerdy4u

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Aimbot Recognition Guide

Done and done.
Omnis homines, qui de rebus dubiis consultant, ab odio, amicitia, ira atque misericordia vacuos esse decet. Haud facile animus verum providet ubi illa officiunt. Ubi intenderis ingenium, valet; si lubido possidet, ea dominatur, animus nihil valet.
<<

(FIN)SoulReaper

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:35 am

Rofl, i am now pretty sure i dont need to do that aimbot video -.-
<<

Cookie Monster

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:36 am

Pretty sure of that too.
Last edited by Cookie Monster on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

2nerdy4u

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:13 am

Videos are nice. They actually show what each of these things look like. Text is great, but if you can't actually recognize something, you haven't learned much. Videos fix that.
Omnis homines, qui de rebus dubiis consultant, ab odio, amicitia, ira atque misericordia vacuos esse decet. Haud facile animus verum providet ubi illa officiunt. Ubi intenderis ingenium, valet; si lubido possidet, ea dominatur, animus nihil valet.
<<

KleMen

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:46 am

Good job, Transducin, it will help my a lot :) Thanks !
Have a nice game !

::

::
<<

Tojimaru

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:58 am

Because of this guide, I actually caught my first aimbotter. :D
[19:57] <+tojimaru> omg, you guys
[19:57] <+tojimaru> if Stewah leaves, we can take over the channel!
[19:57] * You were kicked by Stewah (bitch don't say shit like that!)
<<

mahnamahna

Unidentified Granger
Unidentified Granger

Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:07 am

Just another example of aimbotting taken from one of your servers....
Really easy to recognize ;)

<<

Duck

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 02, 2008 7:51 pm

i tested a bot once... with myself. one thing you forgot is When a player seems to follow another player perffectly. i mean its one thing if theyre a tiny bit off, but if the are ALWAYS locked onto the same point, its a BOT
Quacked!
<<

Cathode

Power Granger
Power Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 02, 2008 8:39 pm

thanks a lot for this post, I was actually meaning to post a thread and ask a while back. this is very helpful info. thank you!

Our Evil Members
|KoR|Itachi:ToW:
Cathode
Zero
|KoR|tojimaru|tMc|
DarthDucky
Smiley
|KoR|VeNoM
<<

Mr.Green

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Unfair when some people spec me they try to kick me for aimbotting becuse i wait tell they get close then i jerk mouse tohit them but i miss alot and they call me aim botter =( :o
<<

Zero

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:41 pm

to tell you the truth, i have used aimbot before on Tremulous, but i don't, and cant even if i wanted to. I know who aimbots and who doesn't. I have caught many of them, and kicked all, and many people will think i aimbot after i post this. I usually do have quick jerks when i use mass driver or luci cannon, and i usually check every wall i pass by to see if there is an alien there. Everyone on Trem uses the same aimbot which is Nullify, and i know how to track those stupid noobs and make sure they get banned from all servers on Trem. I literally followed one guy around and got him banned from almost 20 servers because he aimbotted on ours. I don't care if you think i aimbot or not, and i just want to say this guide will really help some of our members and players. Good Job Trans, ill will also keep a close eye on you......

LOL JK man, thanks for the guide!!!!

EDIT: Aimbotters usually don't have GUIDS.
<<

Mr.Green

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 04, 2008 11:56 am

Idont have a GUID >>>...>>> :( :(
<<

2nerdy4u

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Sun May 04, 2008 11:58 am

<<

Mr.Green

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 04, 2008 12:09 pm

<<

Cathode

Power Granger
Power Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 04, 2008 12:56 pm

what didn't work? the binary?

Our Evil Members
Cathode
Zero
|KoR|tojimaru|tMc|
DarthDucky
Smiley
|KoR|VeNoM
<<

2nerdy4u

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

Post Sun May 04, 2008 1:37 pm

If you have Windows, download the Windows version. Then put the executable (.exe file) into your Trem folder and use it instead of your current executable.
<<

Cathode

Power Granger
Power Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 04, 2008 1:40 pm

also, if you want it working in linux, have a look at this thread here:

don't forget to chmod binary with +x to make it executable!

Our Evil Members
Cathode
Zero
|KoR|tojimaru|tMc|
DarthDucky
Smiley
|KoR|VeNoM
<<

Duck

Regular Granger
Regular Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 08, 2008 2:26 pm

ill have to give a screenie of what it actually looks like from the hackers perspective.
Quacked!
<<

-DS-

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 08, 2008 2:35 pm

I've always wondered what it is like... I also, I know this may seem weird but I jerk my hand and it "seems" to get near the target, IDK why but I do... (NO I DON'T CHEAT!) but i don't do it often...

anyway, just don't think i cheat please :)

-DS-
<<

B-e-t-a

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 15, 2008 1:07 pm

very clear guide.
|KoR|B-e-t-a (fish-kun)
<<

AsterisK

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:00 pm

#6 is my weakness most of the time, unless there are 32098573295 dretches around and a goon taht's about to die >_> Otherwise I usually just switch targets, especially with pulse.
<<

Athens

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:12 pm

really interesting guide. its great. :D
<<

BlueEight

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:53 am

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.

<<

Tojimaru

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 am

And how was it?
<<

Blood-Lord

Former Core Member
Former Core Member

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 21, 2008 7:22 pm

interesting guide, i hope itll help me find my first aimbotter. o ya for all the people that jerk to shoot the aliens, im pretty sure all decent players do that, but its the ones that are right on. not even i am right on the target when, and ive been playin for 9 months.
<<

Tojimaru

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:42 am

When I jerk my mouse, only half of the time am I right on target.
<<

BlueEight

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:48 pm

To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so.

<<

Max

Power Granger
Power Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 23, 2008 6:46 am

awesome Guide man, i hope i will be able o see normal from aimbotter
Next

Return to FAQ's and Howto's