[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Knights of Reason - Forums • View topic - Tremulous Mapping Helpful Links and Guides
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tremulous Mapping Helpful Links and Guides

<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Mon May 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Tremulous Mapping Helpful Links and Guides

Instead of reading paragraphs, see it live, I've searched on Youtube to see some live mapping instructions. Here it is:

Tremulous Mapping Videos

Videos From im2n2rc

Videos From Sl0wr0cK

Starter Tutorial Guide

Downloads

Add more if needed

P.S Not sure if there are guides like this, so please tell me ASAP so it can be locked D:
History
**Added three(3)videos=
How to make a door and water
Mapping Links by TRaK

Added GtkRadiant Download Site and NetRadiant Download Site and its information.
<<

Rhez2

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Tremulous Mapping Helpful Links and Guides

http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=7497.0
but i haven't so far seen links to videos (excluding what you posted) on how to map, so meh...
Did you know that this is my signature?
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:46 pm

I have a question of my own, in the video, he wants to move the brush he made, and he selected it, how do you do that? I tried clicking on it to move it, it won't work! :x
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Maybe right click and drag...?

Also, thanks for the tips! I may start to make some maps of my own...
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 7:18 pm

<<

Axis

Core Global Moderator
Core Global Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm guessing it'll be the same a blender in that you use the mousewheel to click and drag stuff. And then shift-mousewheel to turn it. (someone correct me if this isn't right, i don't have blender in front of me)
<<

Recorthe

Core Clan Member
Core Clan Member

Post Wed May 12, 2010 6:40 am

U can select brush by pressing SHIFT + left mouse button

Choosing 1 wall of the brush - SHIFT + CTRL + left mouse button

ask me if you need more tips
<<

Metroidude

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 12, 2010 10:32 am

The only kind of map editing I've done is in Cube 2, the builtin map editor. That was fun...

Wait, it's also for Quake 3, isn't it? Could I make maps through the Cube 2 map builder? :D (With a few additions such as spawns, buildables, etc. in another program?)
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Wed May 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks Reco.
EDIT: Oh snap, it didn't work >.> Something is wrong with the program or something, I just restarted my computer to double check, i pressed shift+ left click at the same time, didn't work D:
<<

Rhez2

Visiting Granger
Visiting Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 am

Are you sure?
In your orthographic, left click and drag to make a new brush, it should already be selected
to deselect, press Esc
to select again, first press and hold Shift, and then left click on the brush in your orthographic; it should be selected
Did you know that this is my signature?
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Fri May 14, 2010 8:23 am

Eagle said it's just shift+click and it worked. No wonder I couldn't select a brush, because it wasn't left click for me..
<<

Aaron5367

Core Administrator
Core Administrator

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat May 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Moved to guides and FAQ's.
<<

Sinister_Blade

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

Location: On your head trying to not to look down. My will is weakening.

General In-Game Name:

Post Sun May 30, 2010 10:00 am

This thread exists?

Yesssss
<<

sethionic

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:52 am

Anybody have the common_files.zip package? All the links were broken... :/
I found, by chance common_spog.pk3 with Google... but the three files, entities.def, common.shader, and shaderlist.txt, I still need...
<<

sethionic

New Granger
New Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:27 am

They should be in your base/scripts folder if ou have Radiant working....
<<

KingNickolas

Spamming Granger
Spamming Granger

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:19 am

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.
<<

Saturn

Core Moderator
Core Moderator

General In-Game Name:

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:26 am

If you're using MAC:

http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=4470.0

The only key words I found using common_zip files and such. If it doesn't help tell me :o

Return to FAQ's and Howto's